Breakout drama? Yes, we’ve all been there and it can leave us feeling rather down in the dumps. But don’t worry we’ve got your back and have put together our top tips to banish blemishes once and for all. These are the rules that you will live by once you start seeing those flawless results…
1. The DOUBLE Cleanse – think you’ve removed all of the days dirt and makeup with one wipe? Think again! It may sound like a bit of a time-consuming chore but it is SO important. Firstly remove all of your makeup, then, cleanse AGAIN to get deep into those pores to remove all the impurities you may not see. Our Teen Skin Fix Breakout Rescue Pads make cleansing super easy, just wipe one pad over your entire face in the morning and evening – that’s really it. Each pad is infused with wasabi extract, which helps to prevent unwanted blemishes and breakouts. You can then follow up with our Glycolic Cleansing Fix to really get down into those pores and clear out the deeper grime.
2. Drink LOTS of water – yup this does sounds boring. Does a Starbucks Frappuccino count towards our daily water intake? Just drink at least 2 litres a day and you will soon be seeing the difference. Need more convincing? Victoria Secret’s models SWEAR by this…Glugging the water down now aren’t we?!
3. Moisturise – you may think that if your skin is already oily, you shouldn’t moisturise! You are SO wrong! By not moisturising, your skin will become dehydrated and create MORE oil to make up for this. That’s why it’s super important to moisturise regardless of your skin type. Our Teen Skin Moisturiser will hydrate and mattify – basically the dream.
4. Clean your phone – ever get foundation and makeup over your phone after that long gossip with your BFF? CLEAN IT! Otherwise all that yucky bacterial build-up will directly touch your face when there’s any major boy drama, which totally needs an in-depth phone convo to resolve!
5. Don’t touch or pick your skin – it’s the oldest rule in the book, which we know, is the HARDEST to resist! But try your best and let that spot ride it out without any touching, picking or popping.
6. Clean your pillowcase – lets face it, your face is on that pillow a lot of the time, especially if you’re a nap lover like us. Bacteria is then on your pillow that will regularly cushion your face as you enjoy your peaceful slumber so wash those pillowcases regularly…
7. Clean your makeup brushes – yawn! This sounds like an awful lot of cleaning. We know this isn’t the most thrilling task there ever was but it is vital none the less. Get into a routine of taking time out once a week and clean those brushes. You can use baby shampoo to do this.
8. Massive breakout – Spot Zap to the rescue! We may have told you not to touch a breakout but we do have one exception – HURRAH! Just gently massage the cooling roller ball directly to the blemished area to deliver a cooling active gel, which will reduce and improve the appearance of troubled skin.
Do you have any breakout secrets? Share them with @nipandfab!